Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?

 

A text came in from our neighbor recently, on a cold blustery day, when I was home with a stomach bug and awful headache. He said, "My canoe blew off our dock and has floated over to your shore."  And I'm thinking..."And you want me to do what?"

I explained my husband was at work, but could help in the afternoon.

I went to the window and could see the boat being tossed back and forth along our shore line. One minute it was close to our main dock and the next the winds had shifted and it was 200 feet in the opposite direction.  What I then realized is it had been taking on water.

A text came again that he was in his car and driving around to our property.  Climbing out of my night shirt, I put on warm ups, UGGS boots and a hooded coat and limped outside to see how I could help.

When I arrived to the shore line, the neighbor had tossed a 3 prong hook tied to a rope into the boat and was pulling it to the shore with one hand.  He had recently had hand surgery and the other hand was all bandaged up. So sad.

He tied the canoe securely around a tree in our yard and said, "May it just stay here for a few days until my son comes to visit?"

What are you facing in life right now that has you being tossed around and in need of a grappling hook?

Maybe it's which bill to pay, which job to take, how to grab your marriage back or a wayward child, how to survive the next 6 weeks of holiday festivities, or  how to forgive someone who brings a storm to your life.

Ask Jesus to step into your boat and guide it safely to shore.

"When evening camehis disciples went down to the sea, got into a boatand started across the sea to CapernaumIt was now darkand Jesus had not yet come to them. The sea became rough because a strong wind was blowing.  When they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus walking on the sea and coming near the boatand they were frightened. But he said to themIt is Ido not be afraid.” Then they were glad to take him into the boatand immediately the boat was at the land to which they were going."     John 6:16-21

The Song

"You’re Gonna Be Okay" By Jen Johnson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjF9IqvXDjY


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1