Be With Jesus

 

More thoughts, that challenge me, from Paige Brown.

"An absentee mother/father may say 'I really love that child, but I just don't want to be with them. It doesn't work for me.'...

We resist studying scripture because the Bible and I do not have the same priority. The Bible tells us how valuable we are, but also tells us we are not the point.  We don't like it because it doesn't orbit around us.  Jesus came, lived, and died for us, but He does not exist for us.  We exist for Him!...

We like books because they are more about us than about Jesus. The Bible is about Jesus."

Brown states her 20th wedding anniversary is coming up and if her husband offered to take her away for a weekend she wouldn't  say, "No, I already know everything about you."  

There is always more for us to learn about Jesus and our relationship to him, so we need to take the time to slip away with Him.

Check out this conversation in Matthew 13:9-13 (CEV)

Jesus -

If you have ears, pay attention! 

Jesus' disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you use stories to speak to the people?”

Jesus answered: I have explained the secrets about the kingdom of heaven to you, but not to others. Everyone who has something will be given more. But people who don't have anything will lose even what little they have. 

I use stories when I speak to them because when they look, they cannot see, and when they listen, they cannot hear or understand.  

So God's promise came true, just as the prophet Isaiah had said,“These people will listen and listen, but never understand. They will look and look, but never see. All of them have stubborn minds! They refuse to listen, they cover their eyes. They cannot see or hear or understand. If they could, they would turn to me and I would heal them.” 

But God has blessed you, because your eyes can see and your ears can hear!

One of our grandsons saw me on the computer and just said, "What cha doing Mama Boo?"  I said, "Writing about Jesus."

The Song

"I Speak Jesus" Charity Gayle and Steven Musso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBIz8vDMG20


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?