Parable Of the Seed


Paige Brown was sharing how she was in a class discussing the Parable of the Seed and some people raised the question, "Are the middle guys saved?"  Like, how much wrong can I do and still be saved?  She says what if your spouse said, "How many other people can I kiss and you will still have to be married to me?"

My husband was in school administration for most of his career.  He was interviewing twin brothers desiring to enter 8th grade at a Christian school. They had only been in public school, but had obviously been prepped by their parents things would be different in the Christian school setting.

One of the first questions was "Can we say cuss words."  The immediate reply was "No." But these young men went on and started sharing examples, I guess they tossed out words that they thought might pass the test.  "Would ___be acceptable?"  

My husband was in disbelief by this point.  His response was "If you have to ask me then just don't say it."

Brown goes on to say, "The question isn't how much do I have to live like Jesus to get into heaven. It's  'Am I in an ongoing, present, relationship with the Lord Jesus centered in his Word?'"

My sheep know my voice, and I know them. They follow me, and I give them eternal life, so that they will never be lost. No one can snatch them out of my hand. Matthew 10:27-28

The Song

"Heart of the Father" Ryan Ellis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34GcRkWIY3s


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?