Amplified

 

    Missing two, but that would put us over the boat capacity with a captain.

Yes, they amplify life, but I love it that way.

Listening to the testimony of a young mother, I was drawn in when she shared a bit of wisdom she and her fiancé had received in pre-marital counseling.  The counselor explained that issues we have in life are amplified in marriage.

It make sense.  You are doing life alone and it is tough enough. Then two lives mesh with double the mess and different opinions and life's issues become amplified.

This precious mama made me chuckle when she said, "So, what happens when you add four children to the mix?"  Y'all know what I say, "Life is a lot!"

Where do we turn when life is amplified and can even feel out of control?

There is a pastor I enjoy listening to, but when he says the word persevere he mispronounces it.  I'm starting to think his pronunciation is actually more accurate. He says, "Pressavere." It's what we have to do when life gets hard..."press on."

Knowing we are not alone, that Jesus is always with us, accelerates our ability to persevere.

“Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:13-14


Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.” Romans 5:3-5


Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” James 1:2-4


Suffering and trials cause us to turn to Jesus and press on.  When we do life with others the situation may seem amplified, but Jesus calms the storm.

The Song

"Needing You Now"by Meredith Andrews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs6FG9rDNa4

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?