No Interference

August 15
Since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you.
Colossians 1:9

"Let us take all our wishes, all our longings...to the feet of our Father."
Frederick Temple

Boo Thought: This morning I was studying the parable of the sower of the seed. The evaluation process began as I asked myself: "What in my life is keeping God's Word from taking root in my life?" My time just seems to steal away these days, computer work, phone calls, UPS deliveries of textbooks for the school and more computer work, and little distractions from a solid alone time, meditating on the Word and weaving it into my life.
The enemy works like those squiggly, interference, lines (or what was called snow) on a TV that keep the picture from being clear.
This morning I felt like Dorothy on the Wizard of Oz knocking on the castle door desiring God's assistance. Who am I to knock on the door of the Throne Room? God's word says I am his child and he welcomes me in!

Just that time with Him this morning has encouraged me. Thank you to all of you who are praying for this school we are starting. May God get all the glory!

Let's Pray: Good morning Father, here we are, some of us not knowing which way to go. Forgive us for making so many attempts on our own. Lately Lord, I've felt like when you play Pin the Tail on the Donkey and they blindfold you and spin you around and then send you in an unknown direction. If we reach out for Your hand, even though blindfolded, You will lead the way to the perfect spot! Huh, it may not be putting the tail perfectly on the donkey's rear end, but we face today, knowing you will put us right where you need us to be to accomplish the purpose in our life today! Lord, if others laugh at where we land, may we be joyful always and laugh with them and respond: "God has me here for a very good reason!" I'd rather be pinned somewhere with God, than stuck to the rear end of that donkey on my own. In Jesus Name. Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?