Your Goodness, My Goodness

August 1
How great is Your goodness, which You have laid up for those who fear You.
Psalm 31:19

"It is the certainty of the goodness of God that enables us to live in fullness of joy."
John T. Faris


Boo Thought: Walking with my friends our conversation bounded into tales of heartache. The horrific stories of the Nazis', the present day travesties in Africa, and the corruption in our own prison system. I am also lead to pray for so many on my prayer list with physical sufferings. Next I read in Psalms Now 79 "Why is it God, that the ungodly appear to be so successful? They not only obtruct Your purposes, God, they pollute Your world and taunt Your servants?"


Then I read: "How great is Your goodness." I'm confused, frustrated, thinking "YOU, God Almighty, could have come up with a less painful plan.

I picked Psalms Now back up and read as the attitude of the Psalmist changes. (Attitude adjustments tend to happen when we hang out with You, Father.) I will make th plea in this Psalm our prayer today.



Let's Pray: Dear God, "help me (us) to love Your enemies even as You love them, to bear patiently and graciously their scorn, and to serve You faithfully whatever the consequences. Help me (us) measure our worth and success by Your standards and rejoice in Your love and acceptance." For it is in a heart attitude like this that we see Your goodness and we remember the mercy that has been extended to us in wayward times. In Jesus Name, Amen

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?