Weary, Worried, Wondering or Wandering

November 8
 My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.  Psalm 119:28

"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things."
Luke 10:41

Little Miss "Be Joyful Always" was in a stupor yesterday and is still struggling to be released from a funk this morning. States legalizing recreational marijuana, recognizing gay marriage and a health plan which has our tax dollars paying for abortion have me biting my lower lip and looking up to the Lord out of the corner of my eye saying, "Sorry, Father. We've failed you as a nation. We deserve Your wrath."  

Where we have strayed, as a nation, which was founded "under God", will not be changed by an individual in the White House though. History shows us that God's people have been set out to wander before.  Wandering can lead to wondering, which can work in us to seek wisdom!

Then the Lord said to Moses, Tell the Israelites to turn back and encamp near Pi Hahiroth,  between Migdol and the sea.  They are to encamp by the sea, directly opposite Baal Zephon. Pharaoh will think, "The Israelites are wandering around the land in confusion, hemmed in by the desert."  And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and he will pursue them.  But I will gain glory for myself through Pharaoh and all his army, and the Egyptians will know that I am the Lord.  Exodus 14:1-4  

It's what we do with our desert times that makes a difference. Personally, I am ready for God to beam me up and be done with this earthly existence at any time, but it is this role as  grandmother He has bestowed upon me that has me wanting to keep on keeping on.  More to come on that thought process.  Right now, I've got to get on into my "Martha mode" momentarily this morning, after being gone all week...but I will continue some of these thoughts tomorrow.
For now we ask this question..can we say...

But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods of your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living.  But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.  Joshua 24:15

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?