Preparing a Table

December 11
Thou preparest a table before me in the
presence of mine enemies.


There is some table preparation going on
these days! My dining room table has a
long garland of pine and pine cones
running down the center of it and
crystal candle sticks with candles
waiting to be lit. The food prep will
begin in about ten days when my crew
starts arriving! It is always a joy
to prepare a table for friends and family
and God feels the same way! Oh, what a
banquet we will share together one day
dear friends!

In Keller's book for children on the 23rd
Psalm he explains: "Some of the finest sheep
country in the world lies on high "table"
lands...A good shepherd will take time to go
ahead of his flock to make sure the mountain
pastures are safe."

I've had three wonderful days caring for my
new grandson and his parents. I've prepared
meals, laundry, Christmas gifts for their
friends and the house. Today I leave knowing
God has prepared my way home and He has prepared
the way for this little new family to walk in
His ways!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?