I Saw Three Ships

December 9
Continuing with the music theme "I Saw Three Ships" is as close as I can get to my message for today. The link below with the song also has Christmas poems, jokes, etc and may lead you to something else to brighten your day.

A thick fog covers the lake this morning and frost is on the ground. Glancing out my bathroom window I was amazed to see a tiny, white boat venturing out. It was quickly taken from my view in the dense fog. Why in the world would that person go out in conditions like that? Heading back into our bedroom I picked up Jesus Calling recalling a similar theme in today's entry.

"Be willing to go out on a limb with Me (Jesus). If that is where I am leading you, it is the safest place to be. Your desire to live a risk-free life is a form of unbelief...In order to follow Me wholeheartedly, you must relinquish your tendency to play it safe....As long as you stay close to Me, My sovereign Presence protects you wherever you go."

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

Those who know your name trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you. Psalm 9:10



Hmm, better to be safe than sorry, doesn't apply when the Lord is in the lead.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?