A Time of Remembrance



"I thank my God in all my remembrance of you." 
Philippians 1:3

December 1st we gathered in our worship center for a service of remembrance for those who have gone from this world before us. It was a sweet time of scripture reading, harp music, testimony and reflection. We ended with people coming forward and lighting a candle in remembrance of their loved ones and saying their names.

When we open Luke this time of year we usually gravitate to the remembrance of the birth of Jesus.  It's important to reflect on and remember the reason He came to earth.   He came to give Himself up for our sins.

"And he took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, 'This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me.'" Luke 22:19

David often took time to remember.
"I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your wonders of old."
Psalm 77:11

Praise the Lord, for he promises to those who love Him to NOT remember their sins.

"For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more."
Hebrews 8:12


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?