The Lure

I've been lured into the world of "beading"!
My first attempt was small...napkin rings.

Lord, last week I succumbed to the temptation of a gift voucher.  "Dearly beloved customer, as our gift to you this holiday season we are offering your a $50 gift certificate...on your purchase of $100 or more."  The fine print will get you every time.

I made my purchase in that store, feeling pretty good about the savings, but then walked into another store where all I needed was a shirt.  When I went in the dressing room to try it on, the young owner of the shop, whom I know and adore, had placed 6 other "must try on" items in the dressing room.  I didn't take the bait, but was impressed by her tactics.

The world tells us we need so much. The Bible tells us we only need Jesus.

"But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire."  
James 1:14


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?