Multitude of Heavenly Host


Loads of love in this bunch.


On the night that Jesus was born, 
an angel announced the good news to the shepherds in the fields of Bethlehem.

"Suddenly there was a multitude of the heavenly host, with the angel, praising God and saying; Glory to God in the highest heaven, and peace on earth to people he favors!"
Luke 2:13-14


How often do we read or recite scripture and not take the time to ask the Holy Spirit to explain what we are reading?  What is a heavenly host?  Is it a welcoming person in heaven receiving and entertaining guests?  An Old Testament name for God is "Lord of hosts."  So, I guess he's the number one hosts and has lots of assistant hosts to handle all the arrivals,  banquets and functions in heaven.

Recently, I read a definition explaining: "heavenly hosts are a great number of angelic beings forming a celestial army under God's command. There is a suggestion of rank and orderliness, of companies and divisions within that heavenly army."

God is a God of order and heaven is an eternal dwelling for all of the angels (totally separate beings from humans) and believers (this is so out of our grasp of understanding).  It does makes sense God would have a detailed system in place for tracking new arrivals moving in everyday and staying FOREVER!  If I had been created as an angel I would have enjoyed being assigned to the heavenly hosts group.

The whole preparation for the new heaven and new earth, after Jesus comes back and we rise up receiving new bodies, is a major undertaking!  Oh, what a glorious day that will be!

"In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also."  John 14:1-3


We are currently in the process of moving my father in law into a nursing home facility. The building is under renovation...room by room, so there have been weeks of delays.  We are having to trust God's perfect timing and remember He knows what is ahead for each of us every second.  Visiting a nursing home is an emotional experience.  So many people waiting for their earthly lives to end.  You can't help but look at each resident and wonder where their final destination will be. 

Lord ignite a fire in me to do more than wonder. Ignite a fire in me to tell about the heavenly hosts!  In Jesus' name, Amen.

  


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?