A New Year

Happy New Year

Oh, the plans that we make!
New devotional plans! New Bible Studies! New small group studies! New church wide studies!
How do we squeeze in all the good godly stuff.

Sitting down to make "my" long range PLAN, I released it all and told God we'd just go with the Spirit and what He has planned for 2020. Actually, I'd taken  an hour the other day to photograph and download 60 beautiful photographs from a book given to me this Christmas. I thought I could upload all those photos on this site for two months and have that out of the way!  That's not going with God though.

There is no way I know what the next two months look like!  I was just trying to get something out of the way, off my list and that's not what daily devotion to God is.

Devotion is defined as "love, loyalty, enthusiasm for a person, activity of cause."

Oh, Jesus, my life long resolution is to be totally devoted to You! To trust what You have planned for each moment and to seek You continually. Forgive me for trying to order my days, that's your job. Find me faithful to be Spirit led this year or I will miss the blessings of living a life sold out for You. In Jesus' name, Amen

Elisabeth Elliot said, "New Year's Day is a good time to fix one's eyes on the only One who knows what the year is to hold."  Amen

Oswald Chambers offered a similar bit of wisdom, "Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and knows the One who is leading."

"Eye had not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him!"  1 Corinthians 2:9

2020 here we come!

"But one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead." Philippians 3:13


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?