Our Helpers

We gave this little one a vacuum for Christmas.
Love seeing him learn to help!

Here's a precious thought that I don't stop enough to take in. God fights for us!

"Contend for me, my God and Lord."
Psalm 35:23  (The whole Psalm in the CEV is at the bottom of the page.)

God loves to help us.  John 14:26 often comes to mind and I thank God for the Holy Spirit, my Helper.
"But the Holy Spirit will come and help you, because 
the Father will send the Spirit to take my place. 
The Spirit will teach you everything and will remind you of what I said while I was with you." 
John 14:26 CEV

Mark Batterson wrote in Drawing the Circle, "We actually have two intercessors. The Holy Spirit is interceding for us with groans that cannot be uttered. Long before we woke up this morning and long after we go to sleep tonight, the Holy Spirit was and is circling us in prayer.  And if that doesn't infuse us with holy confidence, I don't know what will. But it isn't just the Holy Spirit who is interceding for us; the Son of God is interceding for us as well.  They are interceding for the will of God to be accomplished in our lives. We are double circled. They are circling us all the time with songs of deliverance."

Now that excites me!  How often do we get up and greet the Holy Spirit and the Lord and say to God, "Your will be done today!  With the Holy Spirit and Jesus along guiding the ride, Your purpose for my life today will be accomplished. To God be the glory! No weapon formed against me will prosper. Let's go! In Jesus Name."

Psalm 35
"Fight my enemies, LordAttack my attackers! Shield me and help me.
Aim your spear at everyone who hunts me down, but promise to save me.
Let all who want to kill me be disappointed and disgraced.
Chase away and confuse all who plan to harm me.
Send your angel after them and let them be like straw in the wind.
Make them run in the dark on a slippery road, as your angel chases them.
I did them no harm, but they hid a net to trap me, 
and they dug a deep pit to catch and kill me. Surprise them with disaster!
Trap them in their own nets and let them fall and rot  in the pits they have dug.

I will celebrate and be joyful  because you, Lord, have saved me.
Every bone in my body will shout: “No one is like the Lord!”
You protect the helpless from those in power; you save the poor and needy
from those who hurt them. Liars accuse me of crimes  I know nothing about.
They repay evil for good, and I feel all alone. When they were sick, I wore sackcloth and went without food. I truly prayed for them, as I would for a friend or a relative. I was in sorrow and mourned, as I would for my mother. I have stumbled, and worthless liars I don’t even know surround me and sneer. Worthless people make fun and never stop laughing. But all you do is watch! When will you do something? Save me from the attack of those vicious lions.

And when your people meet, I will praise you  and thank you, Lord, in front of them all. Don’t let my brutal enemies be glad because of me.They hate me for no reason. Don’t let them wink behind my back. They say hurtful things, and they lie to people  who want to live in peace. They are quick to accuse me.  They say, “You did it!

 We saw you ourselves.” You see everything, LordPlease don’t keep silent or stay so far away. Fight to defend me, Lord God,  and prove that I am right by your standards. Don’t let them laugh at me or say to each other, “Now we’ve got what we want! We’ll gobble him down!” Disappoint and confuse all who are glad to see me in trouble, but disgrace and embarrass my proud enemies who say to me, “You are nothing!”

Let all who want me to win be happy and joyful. From now on let them say, “The Lord is wonderful! God is glad when all goes well for his servant.” Then I will shout all day, 
“Praise the Lord God! He did what was right.”

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?