Hygge




Y'all know how I enjoy words.  This one came across my email last Saturday on a sleety, cold, damp night when I was wearing my UGG boots and had already downed two cups of hazelnut cocoa!  It has a Danish origin from 1960.

Hygge pronounced hugh gah means a state of coziness and contentment.

The site sentence example sentence made my husband blush when I used it on him.
"Let's light a fire, grab a cup of cocoa and settle in for a night of hygge."  

Contentment is not always cozy, but God calls us to learn how to experience it.

"Paul states, "Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content."  Philippians 4:11

"But godliness with contentment is great gain."  1 Timothy 6:6

Winter has finally arrived here at Shiloh, but we are trusting the Lord and his seasonal plans and snuggling in each night with hygge on our hearts.


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?