Don't Lose Heart

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, 
let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles.
And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, 
despising its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 
Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, 
so that you will not grow weary and lose heart"
Hebrews 12:1-3


Again, this was written a week ago, before the copperhead or pit bull attacks on our grandchild here at our home.  Legally we've been advised to not share the specifics or what 
is happening to our grandson and family right now, so thank you for understanding and simply upholding us up in prayer.

I will say, today's message has brought me strength.  The past 38 hours I do not feel like I have been strong. A sweet friend sat with me yesterday through tears and trembling last night and said, "It's okay for people to see that you are real."  God will see us through this.



The Post
A sweet mom from our church posted on Facebook a couple weeks ago, "I've had it! I'm sick of all of this!  My eight year old daughter hasn't slept for seven nights which means my husband and I haven't slept for all those nights. She's afraid I will get the virus and die.  Please, please pray for us."

Another weary mom texted, "I don't know if I can handle all this. My father has died, my husband's job put on hold so we have no income, our college son has moved home, and I'm homeschooling two high school boys."

A couple weeks ago our pastor preached "Life is all about who you walk beside."
"At my first defense no one came to stand by me, but all deserted me. May it not be charged against them!  But the Lord stood by me and strengthened me."  2 Timothy 4:16-17a

The writer of Hebrews reminds us preserving through hindrances is a daily practice.

Simons writes, "God is more interested in how we keep running than how fast or flawlessly we get to our destination. He calls perseverance the outcome of a faith in progress and tells us how to keep on keeping on with diligence and hope, even when we don't see or feel progress in the now. We're told to fix our eyes on Him...Beholding how Christ endured the cross helps us set our gaze on His provision and not our performance along the course. We don't run in fear but with hope because Jesus is not anxiously wringing His hands, but is sitting assuredly next to His Father in heaven. A heart focused on the faithfulness of Christ cannot lose heart in following His example."

So sweet friends, hold onto Jesus. He's holding on to you!
Listen to Erin O'Donnell's song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe4ucy9c7rY



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?