Alignment

Our Minnesota granddaughter on a visit to Shiloh this summer. 

Rolling out of the bed, I struggled to straighten up recently. Sleeping in a different bed, while out of town on a baby sitting gig, had gotten the best of me.  Bring on the chiropractor and the opportunity to get my spine back in alignment.

When we loosen our grip on the steering wheel and realize the car is pulling to one side we are usually quick to schedule an appointment to see what has caused the alignment issue.

For years my, father would visit our home and couldn't help but straighten any pictures or paintings on the walls that weren't perfectly aligned. He pointed out loose doorknobs as well!

For those of you who sew, how many seams have your ripped out because you wavered off the straight and narrow?

Yet, when we are out of alignment with God there seems to be very little urgency to get back on track.  We put off being right with the Lord faster than we put off doing a load of laundry.

The past week I've been struggling again with what I call stroke headaches.  My head aches the way it did for several months following the stroke.  About three days into this latest battle, I realized I hadn't stopped to ask the Lord to heal me or asked anyone to pray for me.  I've been taking control by trying to get more rest (LOL it's 3AM and I'm writing), drinking more water, asking my husband to do reflexology on my feet and  putting blankets on my head to bring relief.  Aligning my mind with the One who heals and possibly the One using these symptoms to slow me down and make this season about Him has not come naturally, yet daily I've been responding to the prayer needs of numerous people for healing.  Asking the Lord about this He reminded me it's much easier for us to look outward than inward.

Jesus said, “I am the Bread of Life. The person who aligns with me hungers no more and thirsts no more, ever. I have told you this explicitly because even though you have seen me in action, you don’t really believe me. Every person the Father gives me eventually comes running to me. And once that person is with me, I hold on and don’t let go. I came down from heaven not to follow my own agenda but to accomplish the will of the One who sent me.              John 6:35-38  MSG


But his delight is in the law of the Lord, And in His law he meditates day and night. Psalm 1:2


Teach me to do Your will, For You are my God; Let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground. Psalm 143:10


Commit your works to the Lord And your plans will be established.  Proverbs 16:3


Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil. Proverbs 3:5-7


May we constantly align ourselves with the One who loves us deeply.


Here's the newest addition to my Celebration of Life playlist.  "Living Hope"

If you do nothing else today, take six minutes to praise the Lord and give thanks for his indescribable gift.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc5wtRjgaI8

(If an ad against Republicans pops up, just click off of it and say, "Devil dart!")



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?