Angel Wings


A friend, whom I cherish, was helping me clean recently and when she turned around I laughed as I saw the angel wings on the back of her shirt. Hmm, maybe she is...

The sight of the wings led me to what I thought was going to be a song about angels watching over us, but God had something totally different in mind for me. This is a song about dementia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37b7qXh-1nM

On an app called PrayerMate I created a dementia category for family and caregivers of dementia patients.  I forwarded this song to them and wrote.

As I typed your names in the “to” column my emotions came over me and tears dripped down my cheeks.  Then the Lord blessed me by the remembrance that each of you love the Lord and have the Holy Spirit equipping you for the earthly task of caring for and loving your mothers/wife with the love of Jesus.

May He do just that today and allow you to rejoice.

  • Father, we lift dementia patients and their families to You and thank You that you are fully aware of their needs.  Our prayer today is that the thoughts and memories of both the patients and those they love would be filled with joy.  We pray specifically that those investing in the lives of all of these people would pour in words and songs that cause their hearts to rejoice because they are loved by You. In Jesus Name.

If you have someone you would like added to this prayer list please email me at Boojoyful@aol.com.


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?