The Out Pouring

 


People find the greatest joy when they are pouring their love out on others, so that is what I have asked the Lord to lead me on the next couple months...a joyful out pouring of love in unexpected places. He may have other plans, but He just got my attention when the verse He brought to mind today was Zephaniah 3:17 and then I opened a devotional gifted to me by a friend and there staring at me on Day 1 was that specific verse.

Join me in a memorization challenge:

The Lord your God is living among you.  He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With His love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.  Zephaniah 3:17

As I typed the verse the 2012 song"You've Got A Friend in Me"  from the movie Toy Story (which I've never seen) began playing in my head.  

"You've got a friend in me. You've got a friend in me.                                                                                 When the road looks rough ahead and you're miles and miles from your nice warm bed                                 You just remember what your old pal said Boy, you've got a friend in me, yeah you've got a friend in me....

There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you. We stick together and see it through cause you've got a friend in me...Some folks might be a little bit smarter than I am...bigger and stronger too, maybe none of them will ever love you the way I do. It's me and you boy...you've got a friend in me."

While those sentiments are catchy they are coming from a human perspective and promise. We've all experienced disappointment from a "stick by you forever" friend. So, let's go back to Zephaniah.

The Lord your God is living among you.                                                                                                          He is a mighty savior.                                                                                                                                     He will take delight in you with gladness.                                                                                                 With His love, he will calm all your fears.                                                                                                     He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.  Zephaniah 3:17

The Song The Lord Your God is With You

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aK3F9QsHuU

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?