Live Freely

July 29
Today's Biblegateway passage reads in The Message translation:
"What you say goes, God, and stays, as permanent as the heavens.  Your truth never goes out of fashion; it's as up-to-date as the earth when the sun comes up.  Your Word and truth are dependable as ever; that's what you ordered-you set the earth going.  If your revelation hadn't delighted me so, I would have given up when the hard times came.  But I'll never forget the advice you gave me; you saved my life with those wise words."  Psalm 119:93

We don't always want to hear truth do we?  I laughed as I looked back to Kelly Minter's word on God's truth in her Nehemiah study.

"But whether God's truth is acting like familiar hands gently steering me in the way I should go or tapping me on the shoulder when I'm straying-or beating my buns, it is my anchor. It is my freedom."

My goddaughter is visiting and her husband is a major in the Army.  She made two stoic comments.
One was that she had no clue how a military spouse existed day to day without a relationship to God.
The other was that there is a sense of freedom in being in the military in that you don't worry about where you will live next...they tell you!  A huge thank you to those who sacrifice so much for our freedom.

What a marvelous parellel to living in Christ...there is freedom in looking to the Word for truth and seeing how we should live.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?