A New Perspective-Words that Bring Healing

This is the view from our daughter's apartment in Charlottesville.
It will be a big move for them after 20 years in Nashville.
Lots of new perspectives, new friends, new opportunities to serve the Lord.

December 4
God gifted me a new friend this summer who has been so much fun.  We just clicked and are both members of the NFL, Nuts for the Lord! Although she doesn't live her year round, we see each other at least once a month.
She texted to inquire about my neurology appointment the other day and as I shared my discouragement she wrote back great encouragement. Here is part of what she wrote:

"Oh my dear sweet sister...  This is a Psalm 46:10 time.  Remember the great I AM... Look how far you have come in your healing.  All I can say right now is this... I didn’t know the “Before Boo”.  I know THIS Boo and she is one amazingly wonderful sister who encourages many as she loves them IN THE LORD!!!  See you soon."

It was such a perspective changer. Instead of longing for "before" I need to grasp hold of what God's plans are for me now and rejoice always!  Remembering who is behind our discouragement is also important. Then the flip side is who our Victor is!


"A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy.
I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they every dreamed of." 
John 10:10 


None of what happens to our lives surprises God and He works all things together for good for those of us who are called according to his purpose.  Remembering that God's purpose and perspective are way beyond what we could ever imagine affords us the opportunity to lay our burdens down!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?