Contemplative

A gift of cardboard building squares....
brought about much contemplation...
and fabulous final results!

December 27

I had a great conversation with an atheist this month. We both expressed why our faiths had taken the various paths they had.  We both left the conversation with a great respect for one another, yet still attached to our convictions. I hoped my inquiries about her faith caused some contemplation.

Instead of following God she has chosen to follow something called "The Secret."
I asked:
Do you worship with others?  "No"
Do you sing praise to the Secret?  "No"
Are there moral absolutes or any accountability of sin?  "No"

No written Word to instruct, to follow, to bring comfort, or conviction.  No Body of Believers to break bread with, sing praise or gather together and pray with.  I think I'll stick with my Jesus who loves me enough to die for me.

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you." Psalm 32:8

"All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;" 2 Timothy 3:16 

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?