To Be...Contended For

Our egg hunt has some great coupons for the grands to cash in.

March 26

Back in the 90's our family was visiting The Homestead Resort and the world heavy weight champion, Riddick Bowe, was doing a training exhibition there.  When we went up to the sporting clays area and he was sitting on the porch, so I asked if I could take a picture of him with our six children.

For years Bowe contended for that title.  We have a contender in our lives, fighting for us!  He is the same contender who David called out to in Psalm 35.

"Contend, Lord, with those who contend with me;
fight against those who fight against me...
Awake, and rise to my defense!  Contend for me, my God and Lord."
Psalm 35:1, 23

Our God is mighty!  When we pray, He fights for us! Our God is victorious!

Mark Batterson wrote a statement on defense that I totally agree with: 
"I made a determination a few years ago that I wasn't going to defend myself against any and every criticism that comes my way.  Life is too short, and the mission is too important.  And I'm called to play offense, not defense.  God is my defender. And I believe He is contending for me if my cause is just and my heart is right."

There is such freedom in laying our battles and burdens down at the feet of Jesus. He will show us where to go from there.

"Last of all, I want to remind you that your strength must come from the Lord's 
mighty power within you. Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able
to stand safe against all strategies and tricks of Satan."
Ephesians 6:10-11

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?