To Be...Like Minded while Out in the World

Our grandson's self portrait!
March 12

Had one of those days recently where you tell God, “I don’t want to play this game anymore.”  Won’t go into specifics, but I came home wounded from one situation and emotionally spent from another conversation.  My husband texted to check on me knowing I was facing some possibly uncomfortable situations that day.  I told him I was too tired to talk and was crawling up in the lap of Jesus.  Picking up my daily scripture card, I read a very fitting verse.  Thank You, Jesus
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”  Isaiah 40:30-31 

As I sat before the Lord, the words like minded came to mind.  So I plugged them into Biblegateway

"...then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind."  Philippians 2:2

"Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice!  Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mine, live in peace.  And the God of love and peace will be with you."  Greet one another with a holy kiss."  2 Corinthians 13:11-12

"Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.” 1 Peter 3:8

After I read 1 Peter 3:8 I thanked God for the Body of Believers.  Those who are a safety zone.  No matter our personal differences, the bond of Christ helps us to handle one another gingerly and with compassion and I am so thankful for that.

Thinking, I’d rather just hang out with like-minded people, I tossed that idea quickly up to the Lord, but then immediately I knew that wouldn't jive with “taking the gospel to the lost, loving our enemies or praying for those who persecute you.”  So, I plugged in “of the world” and came up with Jesus speaking in  John 15:19  Checked it out in The Message too.

If you find the godless world is hating you, remember it got its start hating me.  If you lived on the world’s terms, the world would love you as one of its own.  But since I picked you to live on God’s terms and no longer on the world’s terms, the world is going to hate you.”

That helped me to remember the battle.  Staying in quiet mode, God took me back to earlier that same day, before the pain was unleashed. I was led to pray over a woman (totally unrelated to the others and not someone I know well). I had heard her son was facing a possible cancer diagnosis and God placed her all alone in a public place with me, so I offered to pray. She fell into my arms crying. There was the blessing others moment we are called to participate in and guess who doesn’t like blessings in the name of Jesus being spewed out?  Yup, so he reared his ugly head and lashed out at me. 

The other thing I did with this quiet retreat was to put on Christian radio and God spoke through Matt Redman's song "Blessed Be Your Name" God strengthened me and allowed me to surface to praise mode, which is where we should be whatever our circumstances.

Love to each of you and the strength of the Lord be your’s whatever is coming your way this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTpTQ4kBLxA
Blessed Be Your Name In the land that is plentiful  Where Your streams of abundance flow Blessed be Your name
Blessed Be Your name When I'm found in the desert place Though I walk through the wilderness Blessed Be Your name
Every blessing You pour out, I'll  Turn back to praise When the darkness closes in, Lord Still I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord Blessed be Your name Blessed be the name of the Lord Blessed be Your glorious name
Blessed be Your name When the sun's shining down on me When the world's 'all as it should be’ Blessed be Your name
Blessed be Your name On the road marked with suffering  Though there's pain in the offering  Blessed be Your name
Every blessing You pour out I'll  Turn back to praise When the darkness closes in, Lord Still I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord Blessed be Your name Blessed be the name of the Lord Blessed be Your glorious name, oh
Blessed be the name of the Lord Blessed be Your name Blessed be the name of the Lord Blessed be Your glorious name
You give and take away You give and take away My heart will choose to say Lord, blessed be Your name


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?