He is a Sea

Rough seas from the Gulf of Mexico make for great kite surfing.
Washed up critters from the Atlantic Ocean make for great beach finds.

How wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.  Ephesians 3:18

It is spring break here in Franklin County and many people have headed for the seashore.

God is a Sea of limitless love and forgiveness. He is a Sea of acceptance and mercy. He is a Sea of strength and comfort. Like the ocean, we  love His power and fear His power. 

Author Kay Swatkowski  wrote, relating to her in assessment of God as a sea... “Strangely, I am tempted to keep a safe distance, I may roll up my cuffs and walk the shore of His love, but I avoid the depths.  I am drawn to the Sea of God’s love, but am also tied to the shore of my own doubts, fears, anxiety, and misconceptions…on the shore I build sandcastles that are so easily washed away.” 

Take the plunge and dive into the sea of God's love and adventure for your life.

I wrote this prayer for our grandchildren.                                                                                      Forgive me for being so glued to my own comfort and fears that I resist diving in to all you have for us Father. Time and time again, I have missed the chance to delight in what it means to be loved by you. Lord, may my grandchildren be more adventuresome than I have been. Help them set aside their own fears and love for this world, so they can wade in without issues that weigh them down. May our grandchildren’s hearts thrill daily as they experience and embrace the lavish love of God.  Give them friends who love the Lord as well and encourage them to grow in their faith with a boldness that blesses God’s kingdom. In Jesus’ name. Amen

The Song  “God of the Seas and Stars” Mack Brock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlzUrry9ptw

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?