Not For A Moment

May the Lord our God be with us, as He was with our fathers;
may He not leave us or forsake us.
1 Kings 8:57

It was 4AM, my husband was still in bed, which is very unusual. My mind wandered to all that we had to do being Easter Sunday and then I realized...it's April 18th, the Monday after Resurrection Sunday.  We had already made it through the big day. Like a wedding, the months of preparation were behind us and the event was over in a flash and I was hardly present in the moment for rushing from one thing to the next.  

As my husband awakened I said, "We didn't take in a moment.  We never sat all day and shared a family meal. I didn't even get a picture with our daughter and I was actually wearing make up. The music, the sermon, the baptisms...I missed it all. It was 10 PM when I turned on the computer and was able to watch the service."  As my heart was saddening the Lord whispered, "But you were with Me. You and your daughter taught the 4-5th Sunday school class about Me. All the labor before and after was for Me and those you prayed would come to love me.  Not a moment was wasted."  Telling my husband what I'd just heard in my heart, he said, "Jesus always knows what to say to you,"

The word moment triggered the remembrance of a beautiful song by Meredith Andrews and the lyric that  references how God is constant and always with us. We don't have to have the best seat in the house for a performance.  We just have to be with Him wherever He calls us... in the moment.

The Song "Not For A Moment" Meredith Andrews

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoh26pC2RT8

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?