Filled Up

Thanks to an amazing gift from a son and daughter in law, this is how we travel around Shiloh now!
 

What's filling you up this summer? Friends, family, or maybe good food?

Sitting in the waiting room of a car mechanic's shop waiting for an oil change for my car, I thought I recognized a woman who was chatting with another man in the waiting room. Keeping my head down I poured myself into some church work that I had brought along for the wait.  As the woman stood up to leave she turned towards me, I looked up and said, "I'm Boo Andrews, I feel like we've met at some point." We finally put the pieces together and began to chat. She shared that her husband now had dementia and also was headed to Duke the next day for a surgical procedure. I opened PrayerMate and put in her prayer needs.  

The next morning I was praying for a scripture to send her as she journeyed to NC.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope. Romans 15:13 ESV
I pray that God, who gives hope, will bless you with complete happiness and peace because of your faith. And may the power of the Holy Spirit fill you with hope.  Romans 15:13 CEV
I'm praying Romans 15:13 for each of you reading this today. No matter our circumstances we can choose to be filled with the hope of Jesus.
The Song
"Living Hope" Phil Wickstrum

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?