Help is On the Way

 

Here’s a neat "Jesus moment" from Moneta.  

Exiting the Dollar General, the fellow in the car next to mine asked if I had jumper cables. I said, "I don’t, but I do have something that will help. Let me pray over you, it always works.”  He was a little rough looking and had a screaming baby and wife in the car. He wasn’t impressed with my prayer action. 

I said, “Wait! My husband should be coming home this way soon. I’ll call him." Unfortunately, my husband explained he did not have jumper cables with him.  I looked at the next car that pulled into the parking lot. The woman got out of the car wearing a “Faith” T shirt.  I asked her husband, “Do you have jumper cables?”

He did!  Then I flustered him by saying, “Where do you go to church?” He looked bewildered, but said, “CrossPointe!”  Can’t wait to follow up with him.

Rain started to pour down and I had to pick up two of our grands, so I had to rush off leaving this man to be the help this stranded family needed.

Our granddaughter who was in the car with me just shook her head and simply said, “Mama Boo”.  I said, “Isn’t it fun to watch God at work!"

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea... Psalm 46:1

The Song

"Just a Little Talk With Jesus"  (This gospel quartet is so much fun!)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8jFKe9XppY

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?