I've Got the Joy Joy Joy


Joy comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5

For years I have signed my emails and written correspondence referencing 1 Thessalonians 5:16 "Be Joyful Always".  Lately, I've started adding "Because of what Jesus has done."

There is so much heartache in the world. In our own strength it would be impossible to be happy always.  Happiness is circumstantial and conditional, while joy, like faith, is based on what has been done for us though Christ.

For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for a lifetime; Weeping may last for the night, But a shout of joy comes in the morning. 

A long time friend, who has been like a mother to me, had surgery yesterday to remove a cancerous organ.  During the surgery they realized the cancer is stage 4 and has spread.  When she came by last week to share with me about the impending surgery she said, "I have peace whatever the outcome." This woman knows her Savior lives and her faith has carried her through many a trial the past 80 years.  She will look expectantly for the joy that only comes from Jesus every morning whether on earth or in heaven.

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.  James 1:2-8

The Song "I've Got the Joy, Joy, Joy"  by Listener Kids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imK7pAMf61E

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?