All I Did Was Pray

Sunday afternoon by the lake.

Lawsie, lawsie. I have lost the file on my computer with all of our passwords. In my searching through files, somehow I clicked on a music file.  No clue there was even such a thing in "Finder".  The gorgeous song, "Defender" started playing. Y'all tears were dripping down my checks, my hands were in the air and my soul was so happy.

I had been in scurry mode, with the massive cleanup up from seven days of grandchildren here and adult guests arriving today, but I had it all wrong. God showed up and showed me with this song.  All He wanted me to do was praise, worship, bow down and stay still.

Please find a quiet spot and click on the song link below and absorb the lyrics of this song today.

"You go before I know that You've even gone to win my warYou come back with the head of my enemy You come back and You call it my victory
Your love becomes my greatest defense It leads me from the dry wilderness
You know before I do where my heart can seek to find Your truth
Your mercy is the shade I'm living in And You restore my faith and hope again
When I thought I lost me You knew where I left me. You reintroduced me to Your love You picked up all my pieces Put me back together
You are the defender of my heart.
And all I did was praiseAll I did was worshipAll I did was bow down, ohAll I did was stay still
Hallelujah, You have saved me So much better Your wayHallelujah, great Defender So much better Your way"
Oh how I want to start everyday singing this song and remembering the importance of calming down and climbing on to Jesus' lap.
Our God says, “Calm down, and learn that I am God! Psalm 46:10 CEV

The Song 

"Defender" Francesca Battistelli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyHt4xqr0p4


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Remember Your Story

Toe Sucking