Proverbs 9 Ugly Lies

 



Rumor had it that these sharks, who showed up at our grandson's birthday party, 
were really his grandparents. Hmm...truth or lie. I'll never tell.

"For thousands of years, the enemy has been concealing ugly lies in packaging that resembles truth.  But we don't have to fall for his tricks. The more intimately we know God and his Word, we can detect and reject Satan's deceptions. " First5.org

Proverbs 9:17 says, "Stolen water is sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant."  Truth or lie?

Who is deceiving in Proverbs 9:13-18 CEV?

"Stupidity is reckless, senseless, and foolish.
14 She sits in front of her house and on the highest hills in the town.
15 She shouts to everyone who passes by, '
If you are stupid, come on inside!'
And to every fool she says,
 “Stolen water tastes best, and the food you eat in secret tastes best of all.”
18 None who listen to Stupidity understand that her guests are as good as dead."

Sunday I was pulled out of the service to minister to a woman in tears.  She said, "How do I know what is truth? I am seeking the Lord, but I think my mind is playing tricks on me."

First, to know truth we must know God and his Word.

Second, we must realize as we are growing closer to God the attacks of the enemy will increase. Just as Jesus was tempted, we will be tempted.

We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ...2 Corinthians 10:5

Interestingly, a couple weeks before a woman sat beside me in church. I introduced myself as the campus pastor's wife.  She leaned to me and said, "Does this church preach all of God's Word as true?"  I said, "Absolutely, but isn't it a shame that we have ask that these days when we enter a church?

Towards the end of service, after the sermon, I handed her a visitor's card and a gift with further information about church. She said, "I will not be filling that out." She left the gift on the floor and walked out.  I was shocked.  I am not sure what was preached that offended her, but she was NOT looking for a church that preached all of God's Word as truth.

The Song

“Walk with Jesus” Consumed by Fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GPzrNxlyYo



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Remember Your Story

Toe Sucking