Blockage

An umbrella can block the sun and the rain.
 

Isaiah 55:10-11

“Rain and snow fall from the sky. But they don't return without watering the earth
that produces seeds to plant and grain to eat. 
That's how it is with my words.

They don't return to me without doing everything 
I send them to do.

Sometimes I read a passage and think, "How have I never seen that?" Then I realized the Lord has had it cross my path at just the right time.  Once again, unable to sleep from pain (we have abused our old bodies getting Shiloh ready for summer), I was crying out to the Lord. "Lord, why can't I hear You?"

He said, "You are plugged into too many things that are blocking you."  Hmm. Four days in a row we weeded, pruned, mulched, sawed, dug, lifted, painted, scrubbed, vacuumed, cleaned and carried a lot of things too heavy for our ages around.  In order to make the time pass instead of my usually praise music I have listened to books on tape with ear pods.  In the evenings my body has cramped and ached so that I have fallen into bed and played solitaire and word games on my phone to lull me to sleep. 

I've plugged into the wrong things to strengthen me spiritually and allow me to hear  from and be watered by the Lord.  Our input has incredible influence on our minds and hearts. The passions of the world act like an umbrella blocking the ways of the Lord from reaching our minds. You know, the things that are true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, commendable, excellent or worthy of praise. (Philippians 4:8)

Lesson learned. (At least for today.)

Lord, may I tune my heart to Your voice and hear from You today.  In Jesus' name. Amen

The Song

“How Can You Not “ Leanna Crawford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70JD5YTemJc

 




Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Remember Your Story

Toe Sucking