Pure Joy and Wonder


 

It was a 95 degree day and this little rosy cheeked, red headed, 5 month old and I spent it on our screened porch listening to the birds sing, while watching a ceiling fan attempt to stir us up a breeze.
She has a mouth full of teeth trying to break through her gums, so I just let her gnaw on my knuckle. Next week I think we will sit in a baby pool and try watermelon!

While these sweet little granddaughters have been such joy and wonder to watch grow this past year, my pastor husband has spent the past couple months visiting 3 church families with babies in the NICU.  Two were born at 2 pounds and one at 3 pounds.  Two of these miracles have been released to go home.  He says it has been an unbelievable experience to see these premature births produce perfectly formed tiny babies.  One NICU nurse told him, the smallest baby she has seen born and survive is a 10 ounce baby who is now a healthy 11 year old.

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. Psalm 139:13
The Song


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Remember Your Story

Toe Sucking