Surrender and Make Room

Smith Mountain showing off during a summer sunset.

Surrender your heart to God, turn to him in prayer, and give up your sins—  even those you do in secret. Then you won't be ashamed; you will be confident and fearless. Your troubles will go away like water beneath a bridge, and your darkest night will be brighter than noon. You will rest safe and secure, filled with hope and emptied of worry. You will sleep without fear and be greatly respectedJob 11:13-19
    

Yikes, I think the heat is getting to me. Somehow I forgot to post a devotional today. 

Sunday our worship team closed out the service with this beautiful song of surrenderence. Take time today to simply close out distractions and make this proclamation to the Lord.

Chorus

And I will make room for You
To do whatever You want to
To do whatever You want to

Verse 1

Here is where I lay it down. Every burden every crown
This is my surrender. This is my surrender
Here is where I lay it down. Every lie and every doubt
This is my surrender

Bridge

Shake up the ground. This is my surrender
Break down the walls. Of all my religion. Your way is better. Your way is better

Verse 2

Here is where I lay it down. You are all I'm chasing now
This is my surrender.This is my surrender

The Song

"Make Room" Kim Walker-Smith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNf2Ye_mduY

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Remember Your Story

Toe Sucking