Start Fresh

January 1
This is what the LORD says— he who made a way through the sea, a path through the mighty waters, “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.
Isaiah 43:16, 18-19

The year ends with a bang! Confetti, good food and drink, funny hats and horn blowers! 2011 is behind us and we can take what we learned and enhance 2012. Jonah went the wrong direction, but with a bit of cajoling in the belly of a big fish and the elimination of a shade tree Jonah received God's wake up call and came back to Him in obedience. Moses had his moments, but was the recipient of some amazing "fresh starts". David lived in castles and caves and walked in equal extremes of obedience. Our God is merciful and compassionate and longs for us to come back to him if we have wandered away. For some of us the process of staying on the path which he projected for us from birth looks a bit like one of those paddle ball games....we hit the "sweet spot" and walk like Jesus and then before you know it we are "strung out" in a sinful free fall. Fortunately, that staple (Jesus) on the back keeps us connected so we can cry out and find our way home.

No promises as to what the blog will look like this year or how often I will place entries.
My goal for 2012 is to have a daily "In Box" and a daily "Out Box" spiritually speaking. Each day I plan to put the Word of God into my heart and then pray seeking his plan as to where "out in the world" he wants me to put that lesson into action.

"You were born prepacked. God packed you on purpose for a purpose."
Max Lucado

Seeing a physical therapist for some of my bodily ailments, I was caught off guard with his question: "How flexible are you?" While he was inquiring physically, I knew the deeper question applied spiritually. "The greatest thing older people (yikes, I am now in that group) can do for their physical well being is improve their flexibility and strength," he instructed.

Well, while I am doing those things to relieve my physical pain and improve my health, I want to place those same requirements at the top of the list spiritually.

PRAYER:
Lord, your grace is infinite. You are the God of "Fresh Starts". Forgive me for the times I wander from You and wonder about Your plan. Make me flexible so when you direct I am quick to follow. Strengthen me through your Word so I will have stamina and wisdom for the journey. Today is a new day and in Your will I want to stay. In Jesus Name, Hooray!

Praise, Prayer and Purging of sin are part of the process for me 2012.
A dose of laughter each day is park of my new diet! Check out Make me Laugh above.

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?