M is for Motivating and O for Optimistic




June 23-24
Are the clouds ruining your tan or giving your skin a needed break?  Is the fact the restaurant ran out of your favorite dessert disturbing or a blessing keeping those unneeded calories off?  I am learning to be optimistic and see God is up to good in all situations.  Early on in my current baby sitting gig I came down with vertigo, which has slowed me down when it comes to lifting the boys.  Tipping my head down or up is nauseating, so I've asked for more help than I normally would.  Finally, I praised God for the vertigo realizing it was most likely salvaging my back and equipping me for the duration of this lengthy gig due to our daughter's C-section.

I believe with all my heart God is god over all and uses all things (painful as they may be) to work together for our good according to His calculations.  Our optimistic attitudes through these times of trial can be motivating to those around us.

How much fun, since I've been hanging out with a pregnant woman, that in this familiar passage of Romans 8:26-28 in The Message translation, it would refer to our "pregnant condition".

 

Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good,


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?