U V W X Y Z

June 29
You know you are in the South when it is 104 degrees outside, you drag your sweaty self into Kroger for watermelon, lemonade, popsicles and ice cream and out in front of the store is a large HOT grill with a man cooking ribs.  A table is set up beside it with sauces, a bone bowl and wet paper towels and lovely ladies in designer clothes and diamonds dangling are gnawing down on those ribs and then getting in their BMWs and Mercedes and driving off!  How I wish I'd had my camera.
Somewhere in those gals lives someone had spoken affirmation into them giving them a confidence to stand outside Kroger with BBQ sauce on their lips and a rib clutched between two hands.

Ending out this affirmation adventure, I will leave the u,v,w,x,y, and z words to you.  The realty of the difference this process of speaking affirming words over others was confirmed yesterday to me by a young freshman in college who had no idea I even write a blog.  This girl is studying dressmaking in California.  She had stopped by our daughter's house to get her measurements for a bridesmaids' dress.
I asked if her mother enjoyed sewing and passed this passion on.  Explaining the confidence she has came from the encouraging words of the teacher of a sewing class her mother signed her up for, I had to smile as I thought of the correlation to what we've been doing here on the blog.  Tossing her head back and laughing she shared how she has looked back upon those first pieces of clothing she made and I quote "They were not that good, but that lady knew what she was doing by complimenting me and it worked!"

Be on the alert!  There is a life you can change by taking the time to speak words of affirmation!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?