Can't Get Home


June 15-16
The winds whipped up and I called my husband at work as I was driving home. Being fearful of all the debris flying in the air and the reality of the power these summer storms pack, I knew that a tree could easily blow over onto my car.  By the time I reached the driveway hail was doing her damaging dance. I needed to set the phone down to get in the door and asked my husband to call me back on the house phone.  Minutes past, I scurried to secure a few items on the deck and realized it was too late to worry about things which had already blown in the lake.
Why hadn't my husband called me back? Finally, I called him and he explained upon walking outside his office and looking at the storm approaching he realized the possibility of getting caught by downed trees and decided to head home.  Sure enough, about 10 minutes later he called and exclaimed, "I may not be able to get home."
Attempting to take the back country roads he had come upon a downed tree much too large to try to move.  Turning around he set out towards another route, but soon thought the most promising route would be to go about 30 minutes out of his way and get on a larger road.  Being pelted by hail and heavy rains he recognized the potential danger he was in.

But our citizenship is in heaven.  And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ.
Philippians 3:20

The quote "I may not be able to get home," had me thinking of people who question their acceptance into heaven.  They wonder if they've done enough to be able to get to their heavenly home.  Somewhere along life's way they've interpreted a "salvation by works mental".

We don't have to find the way home to heaven, if we've found Jesus. He will make our passage clear!
There will be twists and turns in life, even road blocks, but there is total assurance from Jesus that those of us who have been born again will be in heaven!

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?