To Be....a Dwelling Place


Love a good movie night on the couch with this crew.
We watched Tom and Jerry for too long!

January 9
The word of the day in my mind was DWELL Oh, Father To be dwelling where you want me to be.  The question my husband and I keep tossing over and over again is "Should we sell or dwell at Shiloh?" The good thing is God controls our real estate.  He can send a buyer at any time. 

While sprucing the place up recently I asked God, "Am I more consumed with Shiloh looking good than allowing You to work and clean me up? Am I treasuring this place more than I treasure being placed and positioned for your purpose? Show me the way to go."

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths."  Proverbs 3:5-6

One of the definitions of dwell is to linger.  Am I so consumed with my physical surroundings that am missing the real message God has for me?  My heart condition. Am I lingering in God's Word?

"be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:16-19

Father, wherever I am, may I be a dwelling place for you. A place for you to fill up and spew love out to others here on earth until you lead me to the eternal place you have prepared for me to dwell. In Jesus Name. Amen

"In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you."  John 14:2

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?