To Be....Surrendered

This youngster loves to create recipes...and make other people test them!

January 8

Opening a new journal I received for Christmas the first two words I scripted were "To be..."
Each day I want to consider what it is God wants me "to be" that day.  My first entry reads:
"To be what You created me to be Father. You are the Master Planner, filled with purpose for your children whom You lovingly created."
For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.  Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart."   
Jeremiah 29:11-13

Check your "To Do" list for today. Is searching for God with all your heart on there?

"You created my inmost being-you knit me together in my mother's womb." Psalm 139:13

Father, you genuinely care about how my day goes!  So much of my life has been "me driven."  Driven to do good things and bring others joy, but the initiation process has been out of whack. You are the Leader. You are the Master.  You are my God.  How I wish I had learned to die to self and surrender to the Spirit's leading at a younger age. Guide me this day "to be" all you planned for me to be. In Jesus' Name, Amen

""For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are the Sons of God."  Romans 8:14

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?