Stay With Me March 1


March 1

The house was quiet, I was digging into the Word and hearing God.  The world called to me of all the things I needed to get done, but then I heard God say, "Stay with me."

Isn't that what you say to someone when they've been wounded or are dying?

My soul had been wounded again by someone who had hurt me greatly years ago.  I'd forgiven this person and moved on, but God allowed her to surface again, say unkind things and show me my heart condition.  I journaled, "My heart is out of rhythm God.  Look deep into my heart and find out everything I am thinking.  Don't let me follow evil ways but lead me in the way that time has proven to be true.  (Psalm 139:23-24)  Father, I can tell my heart isn't right because I want to avoid this person instead of embracing her as your beloved creation."

A devotional book by an unknown author had on its page that very day:
"The question of what others will think of us tends to distract us from genuine adoration...When we fall back into sinful behaviors that we thought we had left behind, our fellowship with God is immediately interrupted...Are you missing intimacy with God?  Look no farther than the cross."

WHOA!  Yup, "Stay with Me." Choose life! Repent and breathe!

"Don't be like the people of this world, but let God change the way you think.  Then you will know how to do everything that is good and pleasing to him."  Romans 12:2

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?