Open Our Spiritual Eyes

This birthday boy has beautiful eyes.

"In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being content-whether well fed or hungry, whether in abundance or in need.”  Philippians 4:12

Friends, I’ve got to tell you the study of Awaken by Priscilla Shirer, has been used to adjust my attitude.  This past year I’ve been so discontent with the financial and physical burden of our property that I’ve lost my joy in the “purpose” of why God called us here.  Shiloh is a gift from God to be used to offer hospitality, to disciple and restore the people of God and to help the lost find their way to Jesus. It’s not about us!  It’s all about Jesus!

My heart has drifted away from the first day Shiloh became ours and I knelt by the big tree and prayed that not a day would go by that God didn’t use this place to bring him glory. Lately, more often than not, it's been a cry of how are my husband and I going to get everything done.  (Making it all about us and our strength, not what God can do.) Well, I’m done with the fear and the wondering, which can turn to worry! That’s not from God.

If God can take a few fishes and loaves and feed the multitudes, he can take what energy and money we do have to work all things together for his good here,  because we love,  trust, and desire Him to fulfill His purpose for us at Shiloh.

Today, I’m turning to Jesus and as Priscilla says on page 124 “asking the Lord to open my spiritual eyes to see how much raw material He’s provided for me to utilize in fulfilling His purposes for me at this moment.”

I journaled: I’m worrying more than praying and expecting God to provide and do great things.  Thank You, Lord, for this message in Awaken. I’m going to get my praise on and rejoice in all we have here and ask You, Lord, to continue to use each piece of Shiloh to speak love, truth and faith into the lives of others.  Also, help us realize it can be a place for us to rest, recharge and be in awe of who You are God.

From there I popped on Pandora and a contemporary Christian station and sang this song over and over. 
I’m in AWE of how personal God is!

Our God speaks!  (And yes, I know He plugs in days of rest too!)
Love, Boo


Stand in Your Love Bethel Music & Josh Baldwin

When darkness tries to roll over my bones When sorrow comes to steal the joy I own
When brokenness and pain is all I know Oh, I won't be shaken, no, I won't be shaken
Chorus:
My fear doesn't stand a chance When I stand in Your love
My fear doesn't stand a chance When I stand in Your love
My fear doesn't stand a chance When I stand in Your love!
Shame no longer has a place to hide I am not a captive to the lies
I'm not afraid to leave my past behind Oh, I won't be shaken, no, I won't be shaken!
Chorus
There's power that can break off every chain There's power that can empty out a grave
There's resurrection power that can save There's power in Your name, power in Your name
There's power that can break off every chain There's power that can empty out a grave There's resurrection power that can save
There's power in Your name, power in Your name!
Chorus
Oh, oh-oh, I'm standing in Your love
I stand in Your love
Standing on the rock
Oh, I'm standing, standing in Your love

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?