Passed By


Our oldest and youngest granddaughters.

The phrase "passed by" clamored in my head.
Our grandsons were attending a children's lecture on reptiles at a national monument.  Our daughter watched from the back of the room as they politely raised their hands with questions and were passed by again and again.

Years ago my father drove his car off the side of a curvy mountain road and said he could see the headlights of cars passing by not stopping to help.

We've all experienced the disappointment in being passed by whether in small scenarios such as  elementary school kickball team selection or event invitations; or possibly large life impacting situations such as job promotions or as an adoptive parent by placement agencies.

Moses had to be covered while the Lord passed by him!  "And the Lord said, 'Behold, there is a place by me where you shall stand on the rock, and while my glory passes by I will put you in a cleft of the rock, and I will cover you with my hand until I have passed by.  Then I will take away my hand, and you shall see my back, but my face shall not be seen."  Exodus 33:21-23

Recently, I heard a new author, Shirene Gentry, speak on the suspected identity of her birth parents.
Her father very possibly was the Shah of Iran, but he passed by the opportunity to raise her as his daughter and put her up for adoption.

Our heavenly Father does not want to see us passed by. He calls us his own and wants to see us enter eternity.

"The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance."  2 Peter 3:9

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?