Actively Purposeful

My first "Galentines" luncheon. Valentines with girlfriends.


"We make a lot of plans, but the Lord will do what he has decided. "  Proverbs 19:21

So, we must stop, drop and pray before doing.

A church member texted recently that she thinks my husband and I define "busy."
Busy is defined by my computer dictionary as-"having a great deal to do."
Reading the first part of that text caused me to sigh. When this pastor's gig began the woman texting and I committed to meet once a month for breakfast or lunch and pray together, but that quickly got laid aside and prayer happens by text now. Her text went on to say, "But it (the busyness) is all for a great purpose. So you are "actively purposeful."

Purpose-"The reason for which something is done, created, or for which something exists."

So, I guess if the reason you have "a great deal to do" is from the Lord, it's okay to be "actively purposeful." He doesn't call us to more than He plans to see us through. Listen to the wise words of David to Solomon concerning the enormous task of building the temple.


"The Lord showed me how his temple is to be built. But you must see that everything is done according to these plans. Be confident, and never be afraid of anything or get discouraged. The Lord my God will help you do everything needed to finish the temple, so it can be used for worshiping him." 1 Chronicles 28:19-20





Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?