Worn Out

No one wants to borrow my computer. LOL.  The keys are worn out!

Drying my hair in a locker room recently, I was using the facility's hair dryer.  The high setting was pushed, put it was barely puttering and then within seconds...nothing. I pushed all the reset buttons, but got no action. I asked the attendant and she said, "Yeah, that thing has been on its' last leg."

Is it your underwear, your socks, your car with 200+ miles on it, your knees, your marriage, the day to day grind of your job, or like me your computer that is plum tuckered out?


"You’re my place of quiet retreat; I wait for Your Word to renew me."
Psalm 119:114

David, a man after God's own heart, was on the run hiding from his former mentor and again from his own son who had rising up against him. His brutally honest songs of lament at various times in his life have comforted many a weary Christian.


" I am worn out calling or help; my throat is parched, My eyes fail, looking for my God."
Psalm 22:1-2

Job grew weary and his wife suggested they chuck the relationship with God. God prevailed.  Naomi wanted to change her name to Mara, meaning bitter. She'd had enough of what life was dishing out to her, but God gave her Ruth!

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.   Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matt. 11:28 & 29

Whatever is wearing you out right now toss it to the Father's lap and say...

In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8

I will believe refreshment is possible.

"For I will satisfy the weary soul, and every languishing soul I will replenish." 
Jeremiah 31:25







Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?