Are You Willing?

Sweet friends on a beach vacation seeking the Lord at sunrise.

My husband despises when I ask him an "Are you willing....?" question.  Actually, I am not allowed to make a request in that format.  I sincerely thought it was a polite way to approach a request, but he explained saying "No, reveals a convicting heart condition."

He confessed to me recently that when he did a parent survey at church to find out who is serving in our children's ministry the two blanks to check were these.

___I am currently serving in KidzPointe

___I would be willing to serve in KidzPointe.

He chuckled and said most people left the willingness line blank.

My question today is "Would you be willing to surrender your life to Christ and follow him, since he died on the cross for you?"

Such a large crowd of witnesses is all around us! So we must get rid of everything that slows us down, especially the sin that just won't let go. And we must be determined to run the race that is ahead of us. We must keep our eyes on Jesus, who leads us and makes our faith complete. He endured the shame of being nailed to a cross, because he knew later on he would be glad he did. Now he is seated at the right side[a] of God's throne! So keep your mind on Jesus, who put up with many insults from sinners. Then you won't get discouraged and give up. Hebrews 12:1-3

The Song

"I Have Decided to Follow Jesus" Elevation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRb769P50IQ



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?