Depend on God

Camping out in Mama Boo and Papa's bedroom!
Like a caring grandfather who comforts our fears,
the Lord climbs right into the tent with us and brings assurance! 

Run in total dependence to the Lord in prayer.

I run to you, Lordfor protection. Don't disappoint me. You do what is right, so come to my rescue.  Listen to my prayer and keep me safe. Be my mighty rock, the place where I can always run for protection. Save me by your command! You are my mighty rock and my fortress. Psalm 71 CEV

In a single week's time four people came to me in desperation over marriages falling apart.  The Lord gave me this prayer to pray for two women who are watching their sons suffer as their marriages falters.

Dear Heavenly Father, you love us beyond what we are humanly capable of understanding. Hold fast to these mothers' hearts as they hurt for the strife in the marriages of their sons. When they don’t know what to say may they pray even if they simply allow your Holy Spirit to intercede in groanings. 

Give these young couples minds that are stayed on You, Assure them that whatever they are facing is not a surprise to You.  Father, fill them with wisdom beyond their years. Cause them to hunger for Your Word which holds truth and brings peace, comfort, forgiveness and even reconciliation. 

Thank You for giving these men parents who fall on their knees and cry out to the God of all mercies.  In the mighty name of Jesus bind the enemy from bringing destruction into all marriages.  Turn the hearts of husbands and wives to You, Lord, for what you have woven together You do not want to see torn apart.

Where there is abuse or infidelity make a way out if you know there can be no repair and restore the broken places as these people DEPEND on You. In Jesus name, the name above all name, our Creator and Redeemer, Amen

Pray right now you can all lie down and sleep in peace. Knowing God’s mercies are new every morning.  Pour these scriptures, that point us to dependence on God, into your hearts and minds.

Psalm 4:8                                                                                                                                    In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.

Proverbs 3:5-6                                                                                                                                 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
Lamentations 3:24                                                                                                                                                Deep in my heart I say, “The Lord is all I need; I can depend on him!”                            
Psalm 9:10                                                                                                                                           Everyone who honors your name can trust you, because you are faithful to all who depend on you.
Psalm 22:5                                                                                                                                        When they cried out for help, you saved them, and you did not let them down when they depended on you
We depend on you, Lord, to help and protect us.
Be kind and bless us! We depend on you.
Psalm 36:5                                                                                                                                      Your love is faithful, Lord, and even the clouds in the sky can depend on you.
“What am I waiting for? I depend on you, Lord!
I don't depend on my arrows or my sword to save me. 
Psalm 59:9                                                                                                                                            You are my mighty fortress, and I depend on you.
Psalm 62:5                                                                                                                                        Only God gives inward peace, and I depend on him.
The Song
"That's Enough" Brandon Heath


Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?