Confidence


I've prayed with confidence for at least one snow storm this year, but it's just not God's will for us right now. We even had a Snow Carnival Family night at church in January  and the children created lots of snow related artwork, but nary a flake fell. 

 

There are so many of us dealing with heavy life issues. While we can't remove the burdens from our lives, we can drop them at the feet of Jesus!"

As one of our grandchildren used to say when he was excited about an idea,
 “Let’s do it!"


Confidence is another word with the pre-fix con -which means with.


When we are walking with God, we can have confidence because of who He is!

Select a couple of these scriptures to turn into prayers for where you are in life right now. Pray these in confidence!


Here is mine today.

Lord, my prayer list is overwhelming. The trials and hurt people are facing break my heart. I thank You that your word says through Jesus I may approach your throne with freedom and confidence. What a loving Father you are to always have time for us.  On the days I am discouraged bring Your Words in Joshua 1:9 to my mind "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged" for you are with me wherever I go. Thank You for your promise that I will find blessings when my confidence is in You and I am trusting you!

So, Father today I say my hope is in you LORD, your mercies are new every morning and my strength will be renewed. I'm ready to soar on wings like eagles, to run and not grow weary, to walk and not be faint because You are my God, my Comforter, my Provider an the One who loves me like no other.  

In Jesus' loving name, Amen. 


Jeremiah 17:7 

But blessed is the one who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.


Joshua 1:9 

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.


Hebrews 10:35-36

So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.


Psalm 139:13-14

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.


2 Corinthians 12:9

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.


2 Timothy 1:7

 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.


Ephesians 3:12 

In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.


Hebrews 4:16 

Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.


Hebrews 13:6 

So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”


Isaiah 32:17 

The fruit of that righteousness will be peace; its effect will be quietness and confidence forever.


Isaiah 40:31 

but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.


The Song

"My hope is in You, Lord" Aaron Shust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugD0i5Y3cw8


I See You Brandon Lake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wvzx6pUhbc


Stand In Faith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIREaGBN4Jw



Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?