Lost and Found

 


Several women from the small group I attend hosted a tea for some of the widows at our church. Our daughter, who is a professional harpist, did a short concert for us. The beauty and lyrics of the song, "Breath of Heaven" , which she played left us all in tears in pondering the relationship those words have to widowhood.

Lyrics- Imagine Mary singing this to God as she gave birth in a cave.
"I have traveled many moonless nights. Cold and weary with a babe insideAnd I wonder what I've done Holy father you have comeAnd chosen me now to carry your son
I am waiting in a silent prayer. I am frightened by the load I bearIn a world as cold as stone Must I walk this path alone?Be with me now Be with me now
Breath of heaven hold me togetherBe forever near me Breath of heavenBreath of heaven lighten my darkness. Pour over me your holinessFor you are holy Breath of heaven
Do you wonder as you watch my face if a wiser one should have had my placeBut I offer all I am for the mercy of your planHelp me be strong Help me be Help me"
Speaking with a friend in the group, whose husband passed in May and years ago they had to bury their two adult children, my heart tugged as she whispered to me, "I am literally all alone here and I just don't understand, but I will trust the Lord."
As I was listening to the harp music being played yesterday, I prayed for these women the Lord gave me the phrase "Lost and Found."  As they gathered in our home to be honored for their strength, perseverance and courage through Christ, related to what they have LOST,  I prayed that each women in attendance would FIND a new friendship among the women gathered.

The Song

"Breath of Heaven" Amy Grant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWo3qlqyW1c

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?