The Gift

 

There is no greater earthly gift than seeing someone you love be baptized.

Love this young woman from our church.


There is something so joyous about hanging out with 3-6 year olds at Christmas.                                 The anticipation of what's to come Christmas morning and the enthusiasm over the Christmas decorations all around and the many activities on the schedule equates to a lot of merriment and probably too much sugar, but it is energizing and joy filled.  

Our grandchildren attend seven different schools and I am stopping this very moment to pray for the stress level of the seven music teachers and band directors at those schools!  Having been an elementary school teacher and married to a Head of School, I know what an anxious time it can be and how Christmas break is much needed for those teachers.

The older I get the more Christmas is about Christ and not the gift giving.                The older I get the more I am thinking about life in heaven than life on earth.        The older I get the more I value one on one gatherings covered in prayer than throwing festive parties with fabulous food.

I know, those of you who know me well are saying, "Really? You have always been about festivities."

Seasons of life change and God has great purpose in that process and I am embracing that fact.

God has given us the gift of "being there."  I rejoice and give thanks in this season where I have had the opportunity to sit among the hurting, the seeking and the searching and tell them about the Light of the world. It's the greatest gift we have to give away.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

James 1:17

I hold great anticipation for the time I open the greatest gift and enter heaven seeing Jesus face to face.

The Song

"The Gift Goes On" by Sandi Patti

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxczk_ms4jY

Popular posts from this blog

She Fought the Good Fight

Marriage Matters #1

Are You Sinking... Being Tossed About?